SocialErasmus is an international project of ESN that aims to make a social change. We believe that involving young citizens into volunteering activities during their mobility enables these to broaden their horizon. Facing realities different from theirs, they foster an improvement in society by involvement. Having a life changing experience they develop as citizens of the world.
Once a semester “SocialErasmus Week” takes, with the purpose to involve the maximum of local sections all over Europe to organise SocialErasmus activities during that week. With over 650 activities and more than 13000 participants accross all over Europe during one single week, the project is part of making a difference to the local communities of the students.
We operate under eight causes:
- E.g. find a home for abandoned pets, campaign for their welfare and rights, support the wildlife conservation, fight against animal extinction or protect endangered species.
- Whether it is in health, food, shelter, water, technical assistance, sanitation or other areas, any kind of help is extremely needed.
- Stand up for the human rights and the wellbeing of everyone through organising SocialErasmus activities against discrimination.
- Empower societies with knowledge and advocate for better educational conditions and access.
- Address environmental issues and contribute to a green world.
- Give your support to people with problems related to any diseases.
- Relieve famine and reach out to those in need.
- Stand against the presence of violence in the community, and raise awareness and take action to fight physical or psychological violence.
SocialErasmus project is growing in Norway, and the sections of ESN Norway collaborates with several organisations such as the Norwegian Cancer Society (Kreftforeningen), the Nightravens (Natteravnene) and Norwegian People's Aid (Norsk Folkehjelp). Language cafés, helping out in cat shelters, cleaning beaches, having cultural presentations and language sessions at local schools are some examples of organised SocialErasmus activities by the Norwegian sections.
Contact information: [email protected]