These sites gives you some information about Norway as a contry, about the different universities where you can do an exchange, how you should prepare for an exchange in Norway and most importantly why we think you should come here!
Let's begin with some key facts. Use the navigation below, or on the main menu to get to the other sections.
- Norway has been ranked the best country to live in by the United Nations Development Programme
- Norway has a population of appx 5 million
- The capital is Oslo
- Norway borders to Sweden, Finland and Russia in the north
- Norway is not a member of the European Union, but EEA member.
- The currency is Norwegian Kroner (NOK)
- Norway is a unitary parliament democracy
- The National holiday (constitution day) of Norway is the 17th of may.
- The traditional costume is Bunad.
- Norway is one of the wealthiest countries in the world.
- The unemplyment rate is appx 3,1%
- Norways main exports goods are oil/gas and fish.
- Norway has two official written languages, bokmål and nynorsk, but most people speak different dialects.
- Especially in the north of Norway there are sami people, who speaks sami.